Farr West City is located on the north end of Weber County. It is bordered on the east by Pleasant View and by Harrisville, on the south by Slaterville, and on the west by Plain City, and was first settled by Mormon pioneers. In 1858 Joseph Taylor settled in the area that later became Farr West. In 1868 the area was included as a part of Harrisville when a precinct was organized. On 30 November 1890 western Harrisville was organized into a separate LDS ward and given the name Farr West in honor of Lorin Farr, former president of the Weber LDS stake, and Chauncey W. West, who had served as presiding bishop of Weber County, and who was the son-in-law of Abraham Hoagland.